The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU-wide regulation for the protection of European citizens’ data to force from 25th of May 2018 and all companies that collect such data will need to comply with it. It establishes a set of compliance and security processes around managing personally identifiable information so that it is not misused. Currently there is no certification or license required or available for GDPR.
Our Commitment Towards GDPR
Our customers’ right to privacy is a main priority for Jane Bayler The Smart Connector and because of this we strive to comply with GDPR and to international law and regulations. Our focus is to process payments securely and efficiently through a GDPR Compliant Company whilst adhering to the latest changes and updates within the payments industry and EU regulations. We also only hold information such as name, email, phone numbers provided to us by those who have consented to receive information from us in regards to sales, marketing and business growth and data or clients who are part of the Smart Connector programs or serviced clients.
- We have a few fundamental principles:
- We do not actively collect sensitive information about you, including information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or criminal history. We will take steps to appropriately protect any sensitive information we do receive.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation and delivery of our services to you.
- We store personal information only for as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- In our blogging products, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
- In our email communications, we give you explicit options to not receive individual messages you’re not interested in. We also give you the option to unsubscribe from email communications with us at any time from the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
Changes to Our GDPR Compliance Statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our GDPR Compliance Statement on this page. The date the GDPR Compliance Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Website and this GDPR Compliance Statement to check for any changes.
If you need to contact us, you can email us at [email protected] or send us a letter to:
Jane Bayler, The Smart Connector
Horwood Close, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England, WD3 8RS